Our Mission Statement
St. Lawrence Catholic School community is
dedicated to the creation of a Christ-centered environment
which allows students to learn to serve God and others,
to develop their unique talents and skills,
to strive for academic excellence,
and to become life-long learners.
St. Lawrence Catholic School is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered environment in which quality education enables students to give witness to the message of Christ and the teachings of the Church. As members of a Catholic community, the faculty, parents, and students are unified in creating an atmosphere of honesty, love, and respect. In this setting, students learn to contribute positively to the world around them. Students learn to serve God and others as well as work for peace and justice. We strive to recognize the uniqueness of every student in order to challenge them to develop their special talents and gifts and thus reach academic excellence and become lifelong learners.
Philosophy The philosophy of St. Lawrence Catholic School, based on its mission statement, is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered environment, in which quality education enables students to give witness to the message of Christ. As members of a family rooted in Christ, we strive to offer an environment in which students come to know the Catholic worldview by growing in love, honesty, and respect. In this setting, we work for peace, justice, and an understanding of ethnic and cultural differences. The pastor, administration, advisory commission, parents, students, faculty, and staff, as members of the body of Christ, are committed to be faithful to the church, family, community, and country by giving of their time, talent, and treasure. Since parents are the primary educators of their children, the school community is united with them in furthering the development of the whole child. A Christ-centered education, beginning in the Early Childhood years and continuing through the Middle School program, prepares students in their continual quest for knowledge and spiritual awareness. Students are encouraged to excel to the best of their abilities using their talents in order to become creative and critical thinkers and lifelong learners. It is the philosophy of St. Lawrence Catholic School to recognize the unique characteristics of each student and challenge him/her to become a faith-filled Catholic, a self-motivator, a risk-taker, and a user of technological resources. Respect for life, stewardship over the world’s resources, and a concern for those less fortunate will inspire each student to be a positive contributor to society. St. Lawrence Catholic School is an action-oriented community whose members collaborate in an environment of mutual respect, honesty, and support to promote the welfare and growth of all students. The model of Christ is the inspiration of St. Lawrence Catholic School.
Spiritual and Moral Development
- To encourage students to make wise, informed choices based on their Catholic faith and beliefs and to accept responsibility for their actions.
- To develop a global awareness for the principles of peace and justice by forming students who will assist with building God’s kingdom.
- To provide a Christ-centered environment in which the Gospel message is integrated throughout the curriculum at all levels.
- To provide students with biblical and sacramental based religious instruction. To create liturgical and prayer experiences that will serve the students well in meeting everyday situations in a Christian manner.
- To foster a sense of self esteem by increasing the students’ understanding of their worth as children of God.
- To prepare the students to make intelligent and good moral decisions based on their Catholic faith.
- To encourage the faculty to be strong witnesses of faith through actions and deed, modeling the message of Jesus.
- To continue to inspire students, faculty, staff, and parents to seek and serve Christ in themselves and others.
- To help students grow in an understanding of fundamental truths based on faith, scripture, and tradition.
- To enhance students’ prayer life by participating in the celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments.
- To develop a global awareness for the principles of peace and justice.
- To maintain high academic standards by updating curricular materials and teaching methods that compliment the program.
- To challenge students to expand their intellectual capacity through opportunities offered in the classroom, intra-school, and community competitions.
- To encourage students to reach a level of achievement based on his/her own level of ability.
- To stimulate an appreciation for art, music, drama, foreign language, technology and physical education.
- To foster the development and growth of school faculty as leaders committed to Catholic education.
- To establish benchmarks for using technology as a tool for learning so that students are well prepared for a continually changing technological world.
- To continue providing technology training for teachers.
- To look at assessment in terms of levels of performance relative to the knowledge specific to a subject area.
- To provide stimulation for critical thinking and the use of up-to-date technology.
- To recognize that learning is a lifelong process.
- To help students recognize their self worth and enhance their self esteem through an encouraging and loving approach.
- To offer opportunities of leadership and service so that the students may recognize their responsibility to serve others.
- To help students develop respect for themselves and others by demonstrating self control and appropriate development.
- To give the students an awareness of other cultures by cultivating in them an appreciation for all God’s children.
- To promote an appreciation of the community by providing speakers, vocation programs, and educational field trips.
- To maintain St. Lawrence Catholic School as a drug free environment.
- To encourage the students to recognize their responsibility to the community by participating in outreach programs.
- To develop an appreciation of ethnic and cultural differences.
- To develop a sense of awareness for the Catholic world-view.
- To enable students to become well adjusted, confident contributors to society.
- To work for the common good of every person.
- To foster sportsmanship through age appropriate activities and after school sports.
- To provide before and after school activities assuring that they cover what is important to good health, sportsmanship, and loyalty.
- To establish programs that serve to build character, establish good nutrition, life long fitness, and a drug free life style.
- To develop a suitable level of physical fitness.